Arriving at the Provo MTC

 Heyyoo, for those who want to know I'm alive and well! My first time on a commercial airplane was great and pretty smooth sailing! Elder Edwards, Anantatmula, and I spent our layover time playing uno and eating our snacks which was super fun. Unfortunately, though our flight was delayed like 30 minutes so we were late getting to the MTC and I missed some of my class Wednesday. After our class we went to a devotional and then from there we went straight to dinner and then back to the devotional. This was so crazy because I didn't even have time to unpack until 10 that night. My companions continue to amaze me though! Apparently both Elder Chong and Chevrier both know some Japanese as well. Which is difficult at times cause sometimes I compare which isn't good for me to do so I quickly try to let any feeling of doubt just motivate me to keep trying. They are great for me because they challenge me to speak more Khmer, it is just difficult sometimes. 

Anyway, basically what my day looks like is wake up at 6:30, do personal study, work out, get ready, eat breakfast (all before 9) then do comp study till our language class. Afterwards, we got to lunch then comes our three hour missionary class. Then straight to dinner where we have a little longer break but then go right back to three more hours of missionary class that ends around 9. Then it's to the dorm to study more language and shower and then reflect and journal on things till 10:30. Then do everything again the next morning.

Unfortunately, I'm having to write this email while at the laundry so I don't have my journal. I will say the bus ride to the temple was so much fun though, haha. We sang hymns and nursery songs the whole time there. All the sisters were very cranky at us though, except for when we pulled out popcorn popping on the apricot tree. That's when they joined in for a bit but then back to being cranky at our perfectly angelic singing they went. The temple was great as always and I honestly just love hanging with my district. They are the best!

That's pretty much it for this week and I would just say remember how much Christ suffered for us so that we can live with Heavenly Father again. I was thinking about this and it just really struck me that He suffered so much just for me. This thought makes me so motivated to do better in life because I don't to disrespect or dishonor His gift to me. Anyway, that's all, don't forget God loves you personally!

Elder Acton











Comments