My district are stripling warriors!

 ជំរាបសួរ     or hello! 

    This week has been so crazy busy! I got to meet with my companions and my district probably like 50 times over the last 6 days! Elder Chong and Elder Chevrier are both my companions and they both are crazy at the khmer language and honestly they're so intelligent. Elder Chong is half Chinese half Cambodian and is fluent in Mandarin, English, and Khmer. Elder Chevrier is from Tahiti and speaks fluent French, English and is like a quarter fluent in Khmer. Anyway so more about my district WE ALL GUYS! Which is so incredibly awesome cause they are also like top tier guys too. Thats why we are the stripling warriors they are all jacked (buff/strong)💪💪 both spiritually and physically! Heavenly Father must want me to learn more humility because I'm like surrounded by these amazing guys that always impress me, making me want to be better in every aspect of my life (and making me look small physically cause they're BUILT)! We also met our branch briefly and I think we're all guys as well! Of course the other Elder districts aren't like us though. Lets just say when we get to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) we gonna be the best district out there, (my district, 23-E) > any other district. 

    We talked about how a mission call is sacred and how we can honor this call by being all in. They talked about how Heavenly Father gives us some commandments or guidelines that are hard to understand but as we follow them with exact obedience even when we don't understand we will be blessed. I loved this because with learning Khmer I need all the help I can get. I know that as I put Him first Christ will be with me throughout my entire mission, walking beside me.

    Real quick I want to share how my language is doing, it's okay. I've been able to learn all main consonants and some sub consonants (about 66 letters) I'm trying to learn the the vowels now which is like 60 more sounds I've got to memorize. I'm able to read words VERY slowly if I have the alphabet next to me so that"s fun.

    I will say this week has been so much fun but it's drained me of energy so much! I've been so tired and can barely get up in the mornings. I do know for a fact that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and He loves each and every one of us personally. I've been really focusing on the love He has for me and my brothers and sisters (ALL OF YOU). It's actually kinda crazy how much I love the Cambodian people and I'm not even there yet!

Sorry for the lack of pictures haha, it would just be of a computer screen cause thats where I've been for 8+ hours of the day. I'll make sure to take some with my district once I get there.

ជំរាបលា - Goodbye

    - Missionary Mike out



First evening as Elder Acton



Me and Elder Josh Anantatmula the night
we were set apart as missionaries


Comments

  1. Dear Elder Acton,
    It is such a pleasure to watch how you have applied yourself to the process of learning everything you can about your mission. There is so much to learn. Thank you for taking time to teach us as your family some of the things you are learning and have already learned. We are so excited to follow your weekly emails, and to share your mission experiences with you as we read about them. You are always in our prayers.
    With much love,

    Grandma Webb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Grandma Webb from Grandpa Webb- Love you tons Elder Acton

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment