Heavenly Father, Are You Really There?

 Saturday 8-03

Today was just another fun p-day! I started it off with a beautiful morning of temple sealings (my first time!) which was so beautiful and I loved it so much. I then ate and called my parents which was also very nice. And then did laundry, then played some pickle ball and volleyball which it started pouring outside so that was so fun! But yeah, p-days are pretty uneventful for the most part.

DEVO Sunday 8-04

Wow wow wow, this Sunday was amazing again, crazy huh who would think Sundays would be my absolute favorite. This week's focus was specifically The Book of Mormon and wow wow so good! Nothing in this entire world could convince me its not the true word of God! I've had the opportunity to grow my testimony with this book more than I have ever in my life! It's just crazy to think that we have the most correct book of any book on the earth in our pockets at all times. DON'T TAKE THAT FOR GRANTED. President Nelson told us that it's not enough to just believe The Book of Mormon is true. We have to let it become such a treasure in our hearts that we can't live, or don't want to live, one day without it. Man, am I feeling that way! This book literally makes me a better person every day. It helps me emulate Christ's Attributes better than I could ever on my own or with any other book. I feel a little sad when people just shrug that comment off because wow it makes me feel so light and amazing and I just want everyone to be able to feel that enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ that The Book of Mormon invites into each of our lives if we let it. Anyway, so that's what I got out of the "Go and Do" experience. Also, Holy Moly our special musical number today was from Alyssa Lemmon who sings Divine on the youth music app. SHE IS SO GOOD! Also, since I'm out here I might as well share my funny/terrible videos because by the time I get back ya'll prolly forget about them so I don't have to worry too much about being a weirdo, hahaha. So the video is of me and Elder Chevrier singing to the recording he took of her. Anyway, that's about all I have for my Sunday write. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love YOU. Don't ever forget that.

Monday 8-05

Hahaha me and Elder Chevrier and Elder Chong sang Alyssa Lemmon's song today cause we had so much energy we needed to get out 😆 if you want the video you can email and ask me but idk if I want that out in the world for just anyone 😆 but honestly I don't have much for today or the rest of today, we just learn eat learn eat learn eat sleep play volleyball then learn eat learn eat learn eat sleep volleyball.  Haha but the learning is so so good. Thought of the day is loose yourself in the work and Heavenly Father will bless you! I can testify He's waiting to bless us!

Tuesday 8-06

We had our first "helping others" in Khmer (kmai) so crazy, Elder Chong definitely carried me, Elder Chevrier did great too! So I was feeling down cause I feel behind but then Elder Cook (70 authority, not Elder cook the Apostle) said that we are called to be obedient and to serve with all our might and to be representatives of Jesus Christ not to master the language. So it's important to keep my mind focused equally on both and not get discouraged when I feel behind. Also, I listened to prolly half in Cambodian so that was cool! I picked out maybe 10% of what they were saying though. My goal I made this day was to stop complaining and to count my blessings!

Wednesday 8-07

I woke up to the best email from my mom! I was really feeling bad about myself for not knowing more of the language (because I was comparing(comparison is the thief of joy) to my companion's knowledge of the language.) Anyway, my mom said she woke up at 4:30am not knowing why and sent me an email of comfort that my Heavenly Father loves me and He's proud of me. Which is such a cool experience that He gave to me because my mom had no idea. So amazing that God answers prayers through people here on this earth all the time! So my day Wednesday was a lot better.

Thursday 8-08

I bought shoes 4 weeks ago and they already tore apart 😢but luckily one of my companions had super glue. Oh, and I was studying in my bed about my language when I looked up and there was a FARM OF BOOGERS FROM A FORMER MISSIONARY 😒 I HAD TO SCRAPE THEM OFF WITH METAL BECAUSE THEY WERE SO OLD!!! I'VE BEEN SLEEPING UNDER THEM FOR 21 DAYS😭anyway nasty, nasty!!

Friday 8-09

We learned so much in class today and my brain is a spinning soup, so crazy! I don't remember much for today because all I can think about is months, days, and time hahaha cause that's what we talked about. I liked this scripture though:

Alma 37:6-7

6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

As I read this, I thought whoa I'm a small thing, but it says I'm able to do great things. I know that this is a true scripture and I love the strength and blessings Heavenly Father bestows upon us missionaries!!

Anyway, He loves everyone infinitely!

Love you guys

Missionary Mike out!!!











Comments