Cambodia!!

 Sunday 9-8

Okay, this was our last Sunday at the MTC so we did a lot of things haha. We sang "Love One Another" as a district in Sacrament meeting. The MTC President was in our ward this Sunday and when we were all done he asked us why we didn't try out to sing in one of the devotionals. (Because that's how good our song was 💪) then we had our departing devotional and I sang with the poly's during that as well so lots of singing haha. Pretty sad to be leaving though, the MTC is absolutely amazing! I packed pretty much the majority of my stuff this night.

Monday 9-9

Last day playing sports at the MTC, not too sad about this one since its always crowded and you have to wait in line to do anything. Nonetheless it was still a fun day to play pickle ball. I was able to find a way to pack all the reading glasses mom sent from home! All thanks to Elder Chong and Elder He!

Tuesday 9-10

This was our last day of class! We got Cambodian ties and grrumaaa (its like a scarf for hot places) We also said goodbye to our locrues (teachers) so that was very sad. :( We did have Elder Wada speak and he had broken English but he had such a good devotional. So funny and spiritual.

Wednesday/Thursday traveling to Cambodiaaaaaa 9/11, 9-12

We woke up at 3:45am took the bus to a train then got on a different train later. Then we finally got to the airport and took a plane to Seattle. Then a twelve hour plane ride to Seoul, Korea then a 5 hour plane ride to Phnom Penh. The food on the airplane was actually pretty good. Also, I think I played like 5 hours of tetris and solitaire to keep me sane hahahaha. Then we finally met up with our Mission President and the heat of Phnom Penh hit me like a truck once we were out of the airport. Well, actually it wasn't that hot it was just so humid. We then evaded the crazy traffic of Cambodia and made it to where we were sleeping for the night. It was air conditioned!!! Big Win. But then the power went out so that stunk. It was almost 2am when we were finally able to get to sleep for the night, in a hot humid place, but I was so tired that I slept really good. Also, the place we slept was crazy nice.

Friday 9-13

We woke up at 6:00am and packed our stuff again then went to have breakfast and our orientation meeting. Then we went to the temple site to see the progress of construction. So pretty!!!! Afterwards I got a sugar cane drink that was so good. Then we had lunch which was pig fat and skin soup with boiled eggs, noods, and rice. It was actually really good. Then I shipped my bags to Battambong (a city in Cambodia) and then hopped on a bus for another 5 hours to Battambong. Finally got here at 9:00ish at night and went to bed at another Elders apartment.

Saturday 9-14

We then woke up at 6 again and went to go get our bikes from the shipping company, where we rode to our apartment and unpacked a tiny bit and showered. Then we went and visited Ming (aunt) po which was a humbling experience! I was able to share some stuff she could understand though so thats good. Then we went contacting where THERE WAS AN ENGLISH GUY so I went up to talk to him, we talked about football for a sec then when I brought up religion he started saying F words every other word and telling us never to talk to him about religion and we're sick for teaching Cambodians Christianity and how he's atheist and blah blah blah. So that didn't feel the best. But we did meet a kid that hadn't been to church for a while and he came to English class that night. Which we taught level three, so they all basically knew English so I could actually be helpful! I taught about holidays and traditions, focusing on Christmas and Jesus Christ of course! After that we went home, ate rice and went to bed.

Sunday 9-15

Boo (Uncle) Rraa (2nd Counselor in the Bishopric) took us to meet so many members today 6 families and it took from 9:00 till 2: 45 where we then rushed to the church and prepared the sacrament. Also, they called us new Elders and Sisters up to come introduce ourselves in Khmer of course so that was very scary. But I'm still here to tell the tale so that's good. We then had to teach Sunday School for the young men and young women. Anyway we then went home did language study ate rice and went to bed.

Also my trainer is amazing and obviously Mission President trusts him because he's district leader, a trainer and we are white washing (we're both new to the area) the area. And he's only 6 months in which is definitely scary in Cambodia. But like I said, he's amazing. So blessed to have him as my trainer.

Okay have the best week yall I love you!!!! Also your tomorrow is great! Trust me, I'm already there;) get it cause I'm 14 hours ahead hehehe (props to Marc for that one)

Okayyyy byeeee byeeeee till next week

-Elder Acton



Goodbye's at the MTC




Musical Numbers



Travel Days







Cambodia





Phnom Penh Temple








Sugar Cane Drink



Apartment Cleaning


Member Visits
























Comments