The Beginning of the Best End Ever

 Hey y'all, I'm jit jop hx, which means I'm almost done with my mission.

Super sad 😔 but this last week and this upcoming week is probably the peak of my mission which is awesome. I hope I can say that my peak in my mission was the last three weeks.

Imma go day by day cause wow, what a week!

Tuesday 8/11

We woke up, had the SHV Elders over the night before because Elder Gong (an apostle of Jesus Christ) was giving us missionaries a devo about the temple that morning. Which was so good, I'll just share some thing that stood out to me. Take away from President and Sister Hoare (my mission president and his wife), we are chosen to be here give it your all. Take away from Elder Wu "I am an eye witness that God Himself called you by giving revelation through His apostles." Take away from Sister Gong-Don't waste time in your youth, learn the languages the Lord is trying to prepare you. Take away from Elder Gong- "the Gospel is true its all true and its always true." So amazing, I also mustered up 80% of the courage to give Elder Gong a Cambodian hand made tie, the reason I say 80% is because I gave it to his wife and body guard as he was busy shaking hands 🤝 absolutely fantastic day cause later we invited so many people to the devo He gave for all the members.

Wednesday 8/12

We left the apartment at 6:15am to get to the church at 6:30am so we could watch the big open house meeting with the prime minister of religion and other important people from different religions, monks, Islam's and other Christians like Catholics too. The meeting didn't actually start till 9:00 so for the waiting time we visited with people and helped try to fix a gift Elder Gong would give to the prime minister and also I had the opportunity to translate for Elder Wu, who just gave a general conference talk in April. I thought that was pretty special especially since we talked just us for a while too! Just an amazing day that was.

Thursday 8/13

We had exchanges where we did a lot more contacting which was fun but I was surprised they didn't have more lessons planned. Which is alright, we contacted a lot of people about the temple. I was Elder Smurthwaite's comp, which was super fun 😁 we lived together in Sihanoukvile for three months so I was glad to see him and speak with him again. He's a really good elder.

Friday 8/14

This day we left a little less early but still at like 8 to have a V.I.P. tour with one of Elder Francis' (my comp) family friend who's played a big part in translating one of the versions of the Bible to Khmer. So that was amazing because it was only 5-8 of us in that tour group and the spirit was so strong. We were also waiting on the group ahead so the tour was more detailed which was really cool too. Afterwards we went and got lunch with him and he told us all about Khmer Rouge and Phnom Kmouch which was really interesting to learn about. Then later that night we had a dinner which was really yummy too.

Saturday 8/15

Pretty much the whole day we were at the temple helping with the open house and it was amazing!! we were able to help so many people and have such a great time! I had so many reunions with people who I've served in past areas. Saturday was the day that people came from all the kites and there was more than 2,600 people who came to tour the temple on Saturday. Absolutely filled with miracles.

Sunday 8/16

We thought it would be a lower week because so many people went to the temple and satan tempts people to be lazy but not this time, it was such a good Sunday and Elder Eng spoke in sacrament meeting which is always so good. He's also a member in the 70

Monday 8/17

Today I tried really hard to message as many people I could specially about the temple to make sure everyone has an opportunity to get there and see. Later we went to Oudong Mountain with Elder and Sister Mortensen, which was so fun! They bought us little Caesar's and we had a blast being there and having that adventure. Then this night we went back to the temple with some friends and contacted on the street just outside the temple too.

Anyway so excited for this next week and I'm so incredibly happy to be here in Cambodia in the area with the temple for my last couple weeks. I'd rather be nowhere else than here. I honestly think there's no amount of money you could give me that's worth would be greater than the experiences and joy I'm having right not helping in Cambodia with this open house.

Love Elder Acton🤍


Check out Elder Acton's Google Photos for more pictures













Comments